Fun and fitness come together in the best way possible when you’re bouncing up and down on a mini-trampoline. Toddlers and kids are generally very playful and have a lot of steam to blow off; a mini-trampoline, or a rebounder, makes for a safe and fun channel for all that excess energy.
Best Kids Mini-Trampolines For The Money (2017 – 2018)
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 05:09 / Affiliate disclosure / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Benefits of Mini-Trampolines for Children
There are a number of health benefits to be had from spending time jumping on these exercisers, as well:
- Thanks to the low impact on your joints, your ligaments and joints are well-protected and the chances of injuries are cut down to a large extent.
- Relieves stress.
- Helps to tone the muscles.
- Improvement in your immune system.
- Helps improve cardiovascular fitness and overall muscle health.
- Effectively burns large amounts of calories.
- Strengthens bone density.
- Stimulates organs.
- Can flush the lymphatic system, where many toxins in the body are stored.
- It’s a full-body workout.
- A safe and fun form of exercise, that can be done indoors as well as outdoors.
There is a staggering range of mini-trampolines available today for the prospective buyer; varying in size, quality, design as well as brands, colors and shapes, the options can seem a little confusing.
We have put together a buyer’s guide and reviews of some of the top-quality mini-trampolines out there today, so you can take your pick. While there are mini-trampolines available in all price ranges, the models with high price tags tend to be longer-lasting and provide better protection overall.
Buyer’s Guide for Mini-Trampolines
What Type of Mini-Trampoline Do I Want?
Mini-trampolines come in various shapes and sizes, and are available across different brands. Quality should be your top priority, the importance of which we elaborate on below. These exercisers also come in foldable and non-foldable models, with both being equally durable but the former being much more convenient for day-to-day use.
When it comes to the highlight of the mini-trampoline, its bounce, you have the choice between a spring trampoline and a bungee cord trampoline.
Spring trampolines have a much shorter suspension and hence, there is less elasticity and thus, there is less bounce. They generally tend to be on the less expensive side, have shorter lifespans and need a certain amount of maintenance, compared to their bungee cord counterparts.
These constitute of the mat or base tied securely to the rim with durable, elastic cords. This is why the user can bounce higher on a cord bungee mini-trampoline without worrying about sustaining injuries, as the impact is also lighter on joints and ligaments.
This ultimately translates to a much better workout for a longer duration, without exerting or causing injury to your muscles. These bungee trampolines also last a long time, make less noise and require minimal maintenance.
Let’s take a look at the factors to take into account while going about choosing a mini-trampoline that’s just right for you and your family.
What Should I Look for in the Quality of the Mini-Trampoline?
Quality is a factor that is just not worth compromising on. Not only does a low-quality mini-trampoline prove to have a shorter duration of use, it could also possibly be dangerous for those using it.
A poorly-designed mini-trampoline created with low-quality materials stands the risk of beginning to sag very quickly, as well as that of the spring supporting the framework flying off in case the exerciser loses enough shape. The quality of springs determine how long the exerciser can maintain its shape, and bounce also deteriorates pretty quickly over time, so getting a mini-trampoline with high-quality springs is definitely in your best interest.
Bottoming out, or becoming so loose that they reach the floor, is another common phenomenon that can be extremely risky and potentially injurious, for the user.
Suffice to say, there’s too much at stake to choose a mini-trampoline carelessly.
You should also take into consideration the age, size and weight of your kids who are going to be using the mini-trampoline, and choose a model according to their needs.
What Are the Safety Precautions Required?
Safety always comes first, and with your kids and toddlers jumping around while playing, the last thing you want is an accident.
Here’s a quick review of what you need to keep in mind to create a secure mini-trampoline experience:
Spring quality determines the jump quality of a mini-trampoline, and it’s important to make sure that the bounce is just right; this makes sure that your back and knees are well-cushioned. This balance is something the top brands in the industry have spent a lot of resources perfecting.
This is the first step of setting up your trampoline, and leading brands ensure that it isn’t a complex task, or one that’s difficult to execute safely. While foldable exercisers only need one person to assemble it, a low-quality trampoline might require two or three people and much more strength and effort, not to mention the risk of injuries.
Storing Your Mini-Trampoline
Accessibility is everything if you want to make regular use of your exerciser. It’s generally more convenient to have a foldable mini-trampoline that you can tuck away in a place where it doesn’t get in the way, but from where you can quickly grab it whenever you want to take a go on it.
Size vs Space
Make sure you buy a mini-trampoline that is in line with your needs. Do you want an indoor trampoline or one that is indoor-outdoor compatible? Exactly which family members are planning on bouncing on it? If you have some over-enthusiastic adults amongst those getting in line to have a go jumping on the mat, it’s definitely worth investing in a high-quality, sturdier one to avoid accidental injuries.
Also take into account your ceiling height if you are going to be using your exerciser indoors, along with the removal of any fragile or easily-breakable objects from the room or area in which the trampoline is going to be kept.
What about the Durability of the Mini-Trampoline?
The cushioning of most high-quality trampolines is made of PVC, which is longer-lasting and can survive damp weather conditions. Moisture in the air can really damage your exerciser and by extension, might injure you, as well.
All exerciser springs are covered with a cushioning, but while PVC is durable, the other fabric, polyethylene (PE), gives way much quicker. One way to counter this would be to use vinyl covers to cover the mini-trampoline; these can be purchased where the exercisers themselves are sold, and can help to keep it safe and away from moisture. An additional part that is worth buying would be the mesh rings, which are a safety enclosure.
Warranty and availability of spare parts for the model are other details you need to find out before making the purchase, to increase the longevity of the exerciser.
Try It out Yourself
Nothing like your own experience of jumping up and down on the mini-trampoline to figure out if it’s the right one for you. If you’re indoors, make sure you watch your head!
Reviews of Mini-Trampolines for Kids and Toddlers
Now that we’ve run you through the buyer’s guide for mini-trampolines, we hope you have a much clearer idea of the sort of model you are looking for, for you and your family.
We’ve collated some of the highest-quality mini-trampolines and reviewed them for you, with their specifications, pros and cons of the product, as well as details of where you can purchase the model.
The Original Toy Company Fold & Go Trampoline Review
This little bouncy exerciser is great for your toddler, between the ages of two and six. The uniquely-designed mini-trampoline is extremely easy and quick to assemble and pretty compact in size to boot.
This small nursery trampoline comes out amongst the top products available in this category, with several safety precautions in place as well. This ensures a secure “bouncy” experience for your kids, with little chance of a mishap, on an exerciser that can last for several years.
- FROM BOX TO BOUNCE IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES: Unfold your trampoline - Screw on the legs - Attach the handle - Bounce - Repeat
- EASY DISASSEMBLY: Disassembles just as easily and its ready for travel or storage
- GREAT FOR SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS: Can help ADHD children and kids with autism expend their natural abundance of energy
- MEETS AND EXCEEDS ALL CURRENT UNITED STATES SAFETY STANDARDS: ASTM Safety Certifications 1, 2 and 3, plus HR4040. Circular safety pad attaches with ease for extra safety
- SIZE AND RATING: 36 inch diameter, Rated for 150 pounds
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 05:30 / Affiliate disclosure / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- This latest Fold & Go model is ASTM F963-08 Part 1 & Part 2 safety-approved, which means that it meets the standard consumer safety specifications for toy safety, as well as the HR 4040 NEW Federal Government Toy Safety Standards.
- In case older children are also going to use this exerciser, extension tubes can be purchased separately, along with the mini-trampoline.
- Lightweight, compact and easy to store.
- Quick and simple to assemble.
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- Not ideal for children who are tall or large for their age, adult supervision is recommended.
- While storing away the trampoline, the process is a little more elaborate, as you have to dismantle and store it.
This small exerciser is great for indoor play for your toddler. Since it is lightweight and easily portable, you can also drag it out into the open on sunny afternoons.
Durable and long-lasting, the safety features provided by this mini-trampoline should relieve some of the anxieties of parents, and make for hours of safe and entertaining bouncing for the kids.
LBLA Little Kids Bungee Rebounder Review
This sturdy, multi-colored trampoline is perfect for kids above the age of two and provides a safe and healthy “bouncing experience” for your excited toddler. Able to sustain a maximum weight of 132 lbs, it comes equipped with a safety enclosure, a long handrail and the jumping mat. The bottom of this mini-trampoline, created with PU cloth, flexible bandage and electrostatic plastic steel, is made from “breathable” cloth and is suitably flexible.
An easy-to-understand manual makes the setup process a relatively smooth one, and the jumping area can be customized by you, thanks to the adjustable handrail and standing poles. Only one child can be bouncing up and down on this exerciser at one point, though, so make sure there is an adult supervising the use of this mini-trampoline.
- Sturdy Construction for Ultimate Safety-- Made of bold steel and coming with 6 legs for added support, this 36" kids trampoline guarantees the great stability.
- Safety Handrail for Balance Keeping -- The well-padded safety handrail ensures young children can grip well and jump with confidence and not lose their balance while jumping.
- Protective Cover for Extra Safety -- The circular protective outerwear protects your children from falling onto the hard steel, safeguarding against any strong impact, scratches and abrasions.
- Easy to Assemble & Disassemble -- From box to fully assembled is in less than 10 minutes. The Round bungee rebounder can be folded for convenient storage or outdoor use.
- Adjustable Handrail for Long-term Use -- 2 options for the horizontal space ranges (18", 36") and changeable vertical heights (24.5", 36"). Allows to meet the different requirement of the kids as growth. Recommended age is 3 to 6. Maximum weight capacity is 132 lbs. Adult supervision is required.
Last update on 2019-09-19 at 20:40 / Affiliate disclosure / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Easy to assemble and dismantle, and equipped with foldable ports to store the equipment. This also makes it easily portable.
- Can be assembled either in an indoor or an outdoor play area for kids.
- The adjustable handrail risers and handlebar connectors ensure that you can customize your kid’s “bouncing experience”, by being able to choose the horizontal space ranges and the vertical heights.
- This exerciser has been made with quality materials, with a comfortable bounce mat complete with a safety enclosure covered with cool graffiti.
- The electrostatic plastic steel that the mini-trampoline is made of ensures safety and reliability of the exerciser.
- The mini-trampoline comes in a relatively small size and older kids cannot play on it.
- It can only withstand a weight of 132 lbs and it might break if anyone heavier uses it.
If you’re looking for a safe bouncy exerciser for your tiny tot, this is a good pick to go with. Not only do the adjustable handle rail risers and handlebar connectors let you control how high your child can jump, and within what radius, the customizability of this mini-trampoline makes it highly versatile.
Merax 36″ Kid’s Mini Exercise Trampoline Review
This 36” mini-trampoline can double up as a bouncy playground for toddlers, as well as an exercise equipment for adults, as the handrail can be attached for the former, and removed, for the latter.
Stability, quality of materials used and unique spring construction are some of the biggest strengths of this trampoline, which makes it reliable for long-term use.
- 36inch trampoline is perfect for toddlers to burn off energy and large jumping surface for extra for stability.
- Unique metal spring construction for durability and long-lasting usage.
- Padded thick foam handrail provides all-round protections and safety for your children
- Multifunctional trampoline: a child trampoline when handrail attached; an exercise trampoline for adults when handrail detached
- All US safety standards approved; One year warranty; Product size: 36 x 36 x 30 inch (L x W x H) ; Weight Capacity: 180 lbs ; Product weight: 18 lbs ; The handle bar to the jumping mat height: Approx. 22.2 inch .
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 05:40 / Affiliate disclosure / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- This trampoline is multi-functional; it can be used for exercise by adults when the handrail is detached, and for play for kids when it is attached.
- The large jumping surface area of the mini-trampoline also adds to its versatility.
- Its unique metal spring construction makes it reliable equipment that can be used for years to come.
- The thick foam of the handrail provides cushioning for you and your kids from injuries and ensures a secure experience.
- It also comes with eight supporting feet, anti-slip and quiet rubber footpads for further safety.
- This mini-trampoline has been approved in accordance to all US safety standards.
- Great value for money.
- Some reviewers have reported that the pad on the railing comes off, especially if your toddler is teething, as he or she might chew it.
If you’re looking for a trampoline that your toddlers, as well as their older siblings, cousins or friends can have some fun with, this is probably the right pick for you. With the array of safety features provided, you hardly have to worry about any mishaps taking place; perhaps you might even be able to sit down for a while, as your children spend time playing on this safe and fun rebounder.
Serenelife Portable & Foldable Trampoline Review
This 36” round mini-trampoline understands the importance of good bounce and elasticity, and has been created with heavy-duty polypropylene material, with the safety measure being at a diameter of 30’’.
The padded handlebar and padded and springless frame cover make for great features that let the kids control their bounce in a safe space, by gripping the handlebar. This also means that there are more sorts of exercises your child can do on this, and help build immunity and strong muscles.
- SAFE AND FUN: Serenelife round jump mat is made of heavy-duty polypropylene to ensure sustained bouncing and elasticity with safety measure at 36'' in diameter. Assemble size at 36'' x 32'' from ground to top for super safe zone happy jumping
- PADDED HANDLEBAR AND FRAME COVER: The padded handlebar is 24'' inch high that fit to user's height. Kids can use the handle bar for easy grip to control their bounce. The frame cover is also padded and springfree that provides safer jump pad surface
- FOLDABLE AND SPACE SAVER: Serenelife elastic trampoline is both portable and foldable. Easy folding and designed to fit small spaces in the playground, gym or at home. Its convenient size lets you carry it from one spot to another without any hassle
- UNIQUE AND DURABLE: An ultimate rebounder sport and workout trainer to increase their strength and stamina. This heavy duty trampoline has a durable construction and can support up to 150 lbs. Perfect fitness goal exercise for your child
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: We have detailed assembly instruction manual included. We listed each specific assembly step and all parts and show the steps in picture form. It also comes with free kit bag. Get your little kid a personal trampoline now
Last update on 2019-09-20 at 05:09 / Affiliate disclosure / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- The material that this mini-trampoline is made of, heavy-duty polypropylene, makes sure that there is enough elasticity to sustain safe and fun bouncing.
- The padded handlebar and frame cover give the kids a stronger grip, that helps them easily control their movements on a surface that is safe for jumping and durable.
- Can be easily folded, transported and stored in a way that makes efficient use of space.
- This easy portability also means you can use it indoors as well as outdoors.
- This sturdy rebounder has a springfree rebounder jumping mat, that can take up to 150 lbs and can serve as fitness equipment for several members of your family.
- The step-by-step user manual is easy to understand, and comes with a free kit bag.
- The cover on the handlebar is something a few reviewers have reported becomes a problem, as it comes off over time.
If you’re looking for a no-nonsense, sturdy as hell mini-trampoline, you don’t need to look any further. Versatile, providing great bounce and replete with safety features, this rebounder should have your children bouncing and in great health, in no time.
The Final Word
Buying a mini-trampoline is an investment for your whole family, and frankly, one that you shouldn’t scrounge on. There are, of course, rebounders available in all price ranges, but the higher the quality of product you buy, the longer it will last you in good condition, and the safer the experience will be.
We suggest you glance through our reviews a second time, and zero in on the mini-trampoline that would be perfect for your home and family.